Friday

You love who you love.

Who am I to judge? If they make you happy, so be it. It's your life, not mine.

I just don't understand why everyone has to be so judgmental, especially about love. I've had this conversation twice in the past 24 hours. My mentality is the above; and that's about every relationship. Granted, I might be a little waxy if it's obviously an abusive or unhealthy relationship, but I haven't encountered that thus far. I don't think love should depend on the gender, age (to an extent), skin color, class or so on. Your love isn't harming me, so why should I care?

*sigh*. Humanity confuses me sometimes. Why can't we just be free and open? We're not all that different on the inside. We all have the same basic needs beyond food/water and shelter. We want to be loved. We want to belong to a group. We want to love someone else.

I have to wonder how I got to be so open and accepting. However it happened, I don't care.

All that matters is the heart. If the heart is in a good place, then some things just shouldn't matter. The heart is your guide through life. If you live by it, there is no way you can go down the wrong path.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the
weak.
-- Isaiah 40:29

No comments: