Wednesday

For some reason I want to have an epic awesome post of awesomeness.

I'm very hyper tonight.

Anyway, when I was on deviantart earlier today, I read this pretty awesome journal. Pretty much either learn to love yourself or just shut up... and while I'm taking the message out of proportion, that's how I like to view it. I had to agree with the entire thing. It's like... there's no reason to complain about yourself. Either change it or just kinda shut up about it.

Someone... somewhere... probably finds you beautiful the way you are. Even if you don't. (Oh hey, maybe I should take my own advice). However, you do have to learn how to accept yourself. Even if you don't see everything that other people see, at least learn to see the good parts about yourself. I've... sort of learned how to do that I suppose. There's still a lot I deny about myself. I know there's more to me than I will ever accept, though. I know it's there... but I don't count it as a positive just yet.

Anyhow, that's why I've given up caring (sort of) about my weight. Food is delicious and deserves to be eaten. Usually. Obviously there's a stopping point, but most people know when it comes. I am one of the sort. I enjoy my food. You will NOT find me eating a salad when there's something better on the menu... I have stopped caring. I know I'm a little pudgy... but that's just me. There's no way I'll ever be "skinny". Or at least society's version of it. I'm not... horribly overweight?

I've stopped caring because I've found that it just does not matter. If people really can't get past my looks, then they have no business trying to get to know me.

My sister constantly says "You have a lot going for you." and I always want to wonder what, exactly. I'm slightly smarter than average, I'm slightly pretty, and I have the social skills of a cockroach. I will never understand what she sees. Or what anyone else sees, either.

Anyway; I'm a hypocrite. I'm advocating all this 'love yourself' stuff... and I believe in it. I just don't really apply it to my own life I guess. I mean, I do. I love who I am. I just don't know why others love me.

Hmmm...

I went sunset photographing tonight.



For some reason I really like that picture. I dunno why. I took it on a whim, and I enjoy it.

In other news....

I'm starting to wear off whatever was making me hyper. Now I'm tired.

My car is off to the mechanic :(. My little Rose... <3.

However, I plan to do some awesome errands on Friday. I need to get out of the house. Badly.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
-- 2 Corinthians 4:18

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

Again, beautiful verse, and I just MUST agree with you. You should love yourself, Lizzie, and I love your attitude. You're an incredible person, and I really hope and pray that you see just HOW incredible you are one day. <3 You're making progress. You are beautiful, and your social skills appear to be doing pretty well, at least from what I've seen. You're awesome, Lizzie. Don't ever forget that.

LYLAS and God bless!

<3

-Aly