Thursday

Scholarship

Lets imagine, just for a moment that I get to choose exactly where I want to live.

I immediately choose a coastal state; Washington.

Why? Because I want to live near the water for once! I miss rain. After living in a desert for quite a few years, I think it's time for a change. I want there to be real greenery. Not this fake almost-green thing we have going on here.

I would then choose a one bedroom apartment. I'm not much of a people person, and I'm not sure I could deal with another person constantly. Heck, I can barely do it now. I would only accept a roommate and move to a two-bedroom apartment if they were a close friend. Maybe if I could share the apartment with a cat or two...

So, with that in mind; I would live in a small space. If life turns out the way it's supposed to, I won't be home that often anyway. I would be off either in school, or working as a forensic scientist.

The one thing that I look for that a lot of other people seem to as well; a good kitchen. I LOVE to cook. I may not be too great it, but at least I haven't burnt down the house yet. I use counter space liberally, and tend to make messes. If I could have a big kitchen to spread everything out in, I would be so happy.

Since I am reserved and want a one-bedroom place, I may was well make it worth while, right? A room with a view. Trees, water... anything. No more brown sand! That's my only request! (Well, that and to have a washer and dryer in the apartment).

A lot of people want to be close to areas of commerce. All I need is a book store (or library) and grocery store within reasonable distance. On that note as well; a nice place to keep my car. I've already had enough of it sitting out, open to the elements.

Overall, I just want something quaint. A little place where I can escape the city and have something for myself.

With all of that in mind; I do believe I have found the perfect place (if money were not an issue).

http://www.vacancy.com/washington/redmond-apartments/heights-at-bear-creek/

This apartment, ideally the Ironwood layout, is perfect. It has an awesome kitchen, the area has amazing views, I have my own washer/dryer, and even a place to go and enjoy the view. It's not too big, and has the potential for being home. I don't mind the fact that it'll be far from school or work. I can manage the drive... hopefully. Unfortunately, this choice means no cats for me.

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

Wow. I'm impressed that you have all of this figured out already... I'm not nearly close to knowing that much. But that's awesome that you've found it. God bless. LYLAS!

<3

Aly