Tuesday

You're a good friend to have around, Lizzie.

I've been hearing that a lot lately. I'll admit, it does make me smile. However, I don't feel I deserve it. I just do what I need to do; comfort my friends. I help them when things aren't going right. I just don't want them to end up like me; depressed and feeling so alone. I want them to remember that they'll ALWAYS at least have me.

I help people. I used to do it a lot, but I stopped when it was taking a toll on my mental psyche. But now... now that I'm happy... I can listen to people talk about their problems, and I can actually give advice. Or at least my thoughts on the matter. I'm happy to be doing that again. I missed it a bit. I guess it just takes some time to recover.

It also takes people have problems to talk about.

Mostly it's been relationship issues...

But then again, I've also taken someone off the brink of depression. So I guess I'm doing good?

I've also gotten that comment because I've assured someone that I'll be there when they get the news of something major.

Life is good. I know I've been saying that a lot lately, but it's so true! I've been so happy that... I just can't look back. It's looking ahead at this point.

I hope for the best, but realize when it won't happen. I just said that to a friend, and I think it's so true right now.

I've grown and changed recently. I'm not sure what it was... but I do feel like a new person in a way.

And that's what on my mind today.

The Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.
-- Luke 19:10

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

I am so happy for you, Lizzie. And you really are an amazing friend. :) ^_^ I'm so glad you're there for your other friends, as well as for me. You really are amazing. :)

God bless, and LYLAS.

-Aly. <3