Thursday

The Kansas Adventure!!

It really was not that awesome. But I've been thinking about this post for a good majority of the time I was there.

It started at 5AM on Wednesday morning. I almost gave up sleeping. But then shortly after we started, I was asleep again. The first stop I was conscious for was Clayton, New Mexico. It was a gas stop. I walked into the store, very groggy and what not. The cashier was the nicest person ever. When someone tells you to have a glorious day, it makes it hard not to.

My dad and I had an epic moment where we puzzled over what was being grown. I said wheat, and he said barely. Still have no idea what it is.

Eventually we got to a stopping point; aka our destination. 14 hours later. Yeah. That was fun. (Not really).

I slept. Somewhat.

OH! There was the cutest thing at the motel we stayed at.


I dunno. I just thought it was cute. But that might just be the sleep deprived me.

Anyway, the business we had to do lasted like 3 hours, max.

So of course, we drove back home. That sucked even more.

On the way back, I got some news that I didn't want to hear... but I have to accept it. Thankfully, it doesn't really affect (effect?) me that much.

I find it ironic that I bring along a ton of things to do (books, ipod, sudokus, notebook, camera) and I barely use any of it. I spent most of the trip staring out the window and thinking, or sleeping.

I didn't think about anything too amazing. I had some songs stuck on a loop in my head. They were good songs, but it got annoying after awhile.

Anyway, here are some things that I learned on this trip:

A tractor costs more than what it'll take to put me through undergrad (seriously, it should take about 13k for college, at 14k or more for a tractor, even a used one).

You will always smell the cattle farm before you see it.

Map reading is a skill. A very easy one.

Road signs are helpful. You may not think they're right, but they are.

Just because there's a road, doesn't mean there's an easy way to identify which one it is.

A map of the fifth largest state conveniently fits on one page.

Kansas has some very gorgeous houses.

Kansas is also very awful and cleaning up roadkill.

It seems like quite a few people in Kansas are pro-choice.

And lastly;

Cars suck.

Because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our
transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved.
-- Ephesians 2:4-5

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

I giggle at your short but true list. And I personally think that rag thing was cute as well. XD Anyways, good post, Lizzie. LYLAS! God bless! :)