Sunday

Last night I went to a friend's birthday party... to put it simply- it was amazing. I only wish I had brought my camera, just to remember it all. I mean, that's how it normally is at her parties. But, it's alright. Sometimes it's enough to just remember how it went.

Anyhow, I got there a little late... but totally not my fault. Even though she lives like a block away from me... and I drove... Uhm, yeah... not gonna explain that.

It started with a card game. I typically like games that have strategies. So, in the round that I watched, and the actual rules being told to me... I figured it out. And I won. That's pretty amazing. Then they played for second place. It was hilarious at one moment, because everyone was looking up and talking. Then my friend put down a "slap" card. I look down and see this, and just smack my hand down as hard as I can and move it away so I don't get hurt. Everyone jumped and slapped their hands down in an instant. It was so funny because everyone else was like "was it really a slap?". I dunno... maybe you really had to be there. But the fact that everyone dropped the conversation and slapped their hands down was funny.

Then we went to the park.... oh boy. This NEVER ends well. But it's always fun. Anyway. It started with me walking backwards, all the way to the park (because I like to see the faces of the people I'm talking to... or at least be able to if I want). Then, it went into a discussion of who we would trust with our lives in that group. Out of the 5 there... I would have trusted 2 of them. Very sad, indeed. It's not that I don't trust the other 3... I would just be very scared if I had to depend on them to live. But ya know... Anyway. It started with playing on the jungle gym. And then it went to playing with a nerf football. Last year, it ended up with me getting tackled. By everyone. This year, I avoided that. And it made me very happy.

We walked home (some of us backwards). And I got very frightened with how close the car behind me parked. So I pulled forward. All the guys (all three of them) hopped into my car and were yelling "ROAD TRIP". It was very interesting... Then I felt happier having a few more inches between the back of my car and the front of the other.

Dinnar time. A veggie burger for me, of course. Lit a fire... and well... the wind made us a little scared. And it was cold out. I basically touched everyone's arms and made them freak out with how cold my hands were. Maybe next year I should bring a sweater and gloves... Anyhow, the fun part begins. The pinata.

Every year, something goes wrong with the pinata. One year the fence got broken, some people almost get beat, the garage door gets dented.... yeah, pretty crazy. Anyhow, nothing happened. Well, except for the pinata being broken by the second person. Pft. That's what duct tape is for.

Cake, then presents and sitting around and talking. By this point it's like 9. People slowly start leaving, and since I live the closest, I leave when the last person does. It was 10:20 when I left. Yepp. Amazing.

Got home, showered, read and lights out at 11. I was out. I had trouble staying asleep, but for the most part I was out. Dragged myself out of bed at about 8...

Overall, I had an awesome time this weekend.

"Have not I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be
terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be
with you wherever you go."
-- Joshua 1:9

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

That sounds wonderfully amazing. :) LYLAS and God bless, Lizzie. :)