Friday

So, I just recently got over a bit of a depression thing. I'm now feeling tons better, mostly because I haven't fought with my sister in awhile. Which is a nice change of pace.

However, I almost feel like I have to recount this day. We had a lock in because there was threat of something at my school. So, my 4th period was only a few minutes long. That made me super happy because the quiz was postponed. Then everything went on as planned. What was really the icing on the cake was my last period, which is English. We had to choose a quote to illustrate. Anyway, one of my friends is in that class, all the way across the room. He was talking with the teacher and apparently she said something and was "offensive" (she's a very sarcastic and joking person,, so it obviously wasn't) and I hear him going "I'm going to go cry now" (obviously as a joke back) I call out across the room: "Hey ___ Don't cry" and put my hands in a heart shape. He does it back while holding a book in his hand. I go back to what I was doing, and I hear him call my name, and I see him making a heart without the book in his hands. Well.. the fact that he even did that made me smile a bit.

I think my table mates noticed that. One person was like "Do you think he's cute?" Me reply was a simple 'no' (because it's true as of right now... but things can change). One of the others asked if I liked him or something. I just said "I'm not going to comment." But you know... I could feel myself blushing.

In all honesty though, I won't be sad if all this turns out to be is a really good friendship. He's such a sweet guy that all that really matters is that nothing awkward happens between us. However... I've gotten over that, too.

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats
the matter separates close friends.
-- Proverbs 17:9

2 comments:

ib said...

I am impressed by your up front approach. I am looking forward to reading more. If you are interested in messy people, check out my blog at habitualhobbit.blogspot.com.

Aly K. said...

That's really a great approach, I will agree. I LYLAS muchas, miss Lizzie, and I hope that things continue getting better for you. I really love the verse on this post as well.