Saturday

I've always wanted to keep myself busy through summer. But, there are some days where I just can't get out of the house, so I need something to do. I have decide to challenge myself. I have a list of 143 prompts. Everyday I choose one and I get the day to work on it. If I happen to finish it long before the day is over, I can choose a second one.

What I can produce can be just about anything- a picture, a graphic, a poem, a short story, a drabble, the beginning of a story, an outline of a character, a memory, a journal entry, and so on. Most of it will be writing. However, I might combine some of these into one post.

I'm starting this challenge today!

DAY ONE: Visionary
Something just wasn't right. She was gone! I had seen her body! She practically died in front of me. How could I be seeing her again? It's been over a year. I've moved on. There's really nothing to remember her by. All the boxes have been moved out and I just have my memories of her.

It's creepy, seeing her again. Especially at her favorite place. She loved going to the lake. But we avoided going after she left. It just wasn't right. On this day... exactly one year we decided to relive a memory.

What a reliving.

I crept a little closer, the wood creaking softly under me. I cringed. Everything is so much louder when you're trying to be quiet. She taught me that.

She turned around, looking shocked. She was sitting in my favorite spot. It was like she wanted me to find her. But I didn't want to find her. I'm over her, she had to know that. Certainly she's been watching me for the past year.

I just stood there, staring. I can't go to her, that would be crazy. But I'm already out here, in the middle of the night. I'm practically freezing in my shorts and tank top. No shoes, that would make too much noise. I learned that on my own.

This just had to be a dream. No way was this real. She began to walk, well more like float, closer to me. My entire body was telling me to run away. Something deeper wanted to stay, let her find me. It would be really hard to miss me. I'm the only one here! Everyone else is sleeping, like I should be. I take a step back. It's getting late. I'm tired. She thinks differently. She's standing at the edge of the dock now. It's like she's actually there...

But she's not. I know she isn't.
----

As I was writing, I realized that this was starting to sound more and more like "Pretty Little Liars". It's something I might go back and edit some day. So, there's day one.

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has
compassion on those who fear him.
-- Psalm 103:13

No comments: