Sunday

Life is... pretty fantastic.

Friday I was just all "Bleh" for whatever reason. (I even took an almost 3 hour nap!). Nothing too interesting, just how it was. I don't even remember why I was that way.

Saturday was a busy day. I got film and shot a few pictures (I still need to shoot a ton more...), got fabric for the sewing class I'm going to be taking (yay!), did a driving hour (hopefully I'll get my provisional next month), did some homework (choir and science... too lazy to do math. XP), and just relaxed. I had a pretty chill day that was all to myself. Loved it.

Then today... church was good but it was a little... iffy. As always, I'm in the choir so I had fun doing what I always do. And it was crowded today too. There were people standing in the back.. and that never happens during ordinary time. But it was nice. :). After that was over I headed to the other building to wait for class to start (a whole... hour and a half ish). Apparently, my ex's mom was late picking him up. I was like, "Oh... well might as well talk to him. So much better than my other options."... so we talked, for about a half hour. It was nice. Talking, laughing, awkward moments... life as normal. I'm glad that we can talk to each other without it being awkward. I'm really happy about it. After he left (pft, only another hour left to wait...) I went inside and read some. I was thinking... one year made such a difference. This time last year... I was so sure that we'd go out, so sure that maybe I'd be ready for a relationship... and well, look where it is now. A blossoming friendship. Back then, I had no idea that this was how it was going to turn out. At all. But that's life.

However, class was a touchy subject. We were talking about abortion and such. Throughout this whole class I was like, "I'm so glad that I don't have any of these situations to deal with. I'm so glad that my life has been so blessed with angels that watch over me and protect me and guide me." Of course, so does everyone else. But my angels steer me to the people, to the life, that has no worries. I can wake up in the morning and know that when I get home... there will be no drama to drag back. It makes me so happy.

My life is blessed with so many people that I could not give up. From the ones that I've fought with, the ones I've depended on, and the ones that just know how I am... they are all in my life for a reason.

That was another thing about this class... they reaffirmed the one thing that I am always pleading with God to know... "God has a plan for everyone. Even from before you were conceived, he knew you." I'm always asking God and wondering... why am I put here on earth? What is the reason for my life? And then I realize... maybe my siblings wouldn't have a father. Maybe that friend of mine would be no longer here... maybe my purpose has yet to come. Maybe I'm just living this life until I get to my purpose. My calling has not yet been revealed. I know for sure that I will be the child that is going to stay with the church.

Besides my parents... I am one of the most... "Faith-full" ones of my family (not including cousins obviously, because then I'd probably fall along the way). My oldest sister... doesn't even go to church. I feel sorry for my niece, as she'll never get baptized. To not know the Lord... it hurts me a little when I think about it. Such a beautiful blessing... I hope she finds the Lord when she is older. Then my brother... he probably doesn't go often. My other sister just goes to church then goes home. However, I am on church ground for 4 1/2 hours every Sunday. I'm at practice for an hour to an hour and a half. I'm not complaining at all. I love it. it's such a beautiful thing. I love that I'm at church so much. It's a total 180 from a few years ago. I used to hate church, cross my arms and practically fall asleep. But now... I'm in the choir, my prayers being lifted up as I sing. I sometimes can't wait to get to church.

It's so amazing how God works in our lives. It truly is. Maybe to a person just meeting me or even looking at me... I don't seem like such a devout Catholic... but I am. Maybe I'm too shy to do the actions I should, but there's the intent. I just need to break open a little bit more and actually do it. Maybe I need to pray more, but God knows what I want. I just need to voice it. Maybe I don't do everything a good Catholic should do... but I do a heck of a lot more than some of the Catholics I know.

I've gone on such a rant about God today... I truly didn't mean to but I suppose I am inspired. I'm not sure why this week was so different from the others, but it is. I hope some of my enthusiasm will spread to other people. I hope I can keep this as I'm waking up at 6:30 tomorrow.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

I have always loved this verse. The other night I looked at my bible, and I have this bookmarked. Today, it was one of the readings. I think it just fits for today. I love you all. And I hope God's love embraces everyone.

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

That is so awesome. :) I really hope that you keep connecting so much with God and continue being all in with Him. :)