Tuesday

Oh the power of friends.

I am not kidding. It's so awesome to be able to have friends who will make you smile and laugh without knowing it, or even trying. That is why I love my friends...

What started off as a bad-ish day, turned into something really nice. I just... I don't know. Something happened.... ok, well, in geography, our class got moved. Finally. Even though we only have like two or three weeks left in the class... I got moved to a table with my friend, and another friend is sitting right behind me. So, bad idea on the teacher's part, but, totally not complaining.

Also in geography, we had to do a poster individually about a section in the chapter... and we have to present. When it comes time to present, we have to line up with the group that did the same section. And then we present in a certain order.

So, it comes time for the section that I did to present. Of course, luck has it, I'm the only girl. Of course, the teacher decides that I should go first. *rolls eyes* I turned so red, I could feel it.

The thing is, I hate public speaking, but I'm somewhat OK at it. Better than most, I guess. Since most people don't like public speaking, she decides to make it as short as possible-you don't have to talk for more than 15 seconds.

I start.... and I just keep on going. I'm sure I was closer (or even passed) the 15 second mark... But the thing is, once I start talking, I can't stop. But, the first impression I give out probably doesn't reflect that. And, you can obviously see with how much I type in my blogs! Lol.

Hmm.... oh! And that brings me to thinking about first impressions.

I remember the first week of school I thought that the girl I sit next to in science was like, really mean. But, now getting to know her... we haven't changed spots! :D

And.... that's the only first impression I can think of. Every other friend just flowed seamlessly in with no impressions or anything. I guess I either have an open mind, or I'm just really forgetful.

I find that my first impression is misleading. Sort of. I think that when you first meet me, you'll think of me as the smart, goody-two shoes, shy, quiet girl. While, that is half true- everything changes once you get to know me.

Once you get to know me, you see that... I lack common sense and I tend to do stupid things. I don't mind if people have a laugh at my expense. I usually find those things funny too. I am a goody-two shoes. But not horrible. I DO let people cheat off my papers... I DO cuss a little. But, that's about it.... I am shy when meeting people for the first time. It just... it just happens. I can't dive headfirst into a friendship, it seems. And quiet.... I am anything but when you get a conversation going one-on-one with me. You can't get me to shut up. :P

Blarg. My ipod is not being cool :( I tried to fix it, and I thought I had it.... then it kinda broke my spirits! OH well, at least it still plays and if it still refuses to be nice tomorrow, I'm gonna have to tell someone....

No comments: