Thursday

You learn something new every day.

Apparently my parents knew each other (or dated or SOMETHING) for three months before they decided to get married. They've been married about 33 years.

My oldest sibling is going to turn 33 in March. Hmmm....

haha.

Tonight's been a good night. I did not fight with my family, nor did anyone else fight. The food was good and I got stuff done.

Overall, this Thanksgiving was amazing. Best I've had in years.

There does come a moment when you have to think about all the things that are good in your life. And I did.

First and foremost. I was glad that I woke up. Happy. I wasn't angry. I wasn't upset. I wasn't feeling the deepness of depression. I was happy. That alone made my day.

Family. Sure I complain about them all the time, but I don't know what I'd do without them. They are my life. I love 'em and I can't imagine life without them. They work so hard at everything they do. They are the selfless ones.

Of course my friends. Without them I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am right now. They've taken me places. I'm also grateful for how much they love. I am continually amazed by them. They're pretty much the best things ever.

Despite how it fails, my health.

Every single privilege I have. School. Being literate. Having a car. Having a house. Having food. Being able to stay warm. Knowing that I'm safe. All of this. I can't imagine my life any different.

I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my
name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his
reward.
-- Mark 9:41

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

I'm glad it sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. And I hope things are still good now. LYLAS, Lizzie. :) <3