Monday

So it's Monday morning and I'm doing all that I can to make this a happy day. I finished my quilt last night and just have some clean-up things to take care of. I am taking a break from NaNo writing (I'm just past 34k, I think I can take a morning off), I curled my hair (even though by the time I get to school it's going to be completely flat), and I'm listening to Needtobreathe. So far it should be a good day, but I can't say. I'll probably fall and hurt something.

This weekend was kinda iffy, but talking about it is not a good idea. I'll just say I had a productive Friday. Days off are nice. I feel considerably less stressed right now.

I'm trying not to give in to this foul mood that seems to want to be plaguing me.

I've started meditating before I go to bed. It's nice, but then again I'm only on day two. I'm also trying to see if I can do... anything to help get rid of my hip/knee pain. So far it's not working, but I need a few weeks.

Otherwise, life isn't bad. Not for me at least. For some of my other friends it's been hard, but I feel removed from the situation. I'll just continue to be a friend and be there for him.

I had a few dreams this past weekend. They weren't anything astounding. But overall one of them (the one I remember most) is basically affirming the fact that I am in control. I know where I'm going (well, almost) and I'm going to be facing any obstacles with confidence. It feels weird to have a dream that says that, but I think it's true. For once I'm ready to make my own decisions and I'm going to do what I want.

I got an acceptance letter from Loyola on Thursday. That makes three, and I'm really excited about it. Two more to go.

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you
do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an
inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of
your faith, the salvation of your souls.
-- 1 Peter 1:8-9

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

Beautiful truth in the verse you posted, Lizzie. I sincerely hope you can begin to feel better physiclally, and emotionally. I'm here for you, no matter what. You can call me, text me, chat with me, whenever. I'm here, God's here, so many of your friends are here. No matter what, you are still an incredible, beautiful, wonderful, loving, intelligent, and wise person. Love you, Lizzie.

-Aly