Wednesday

So... it's the day before Thanksgiving. It's the time when everyone thinks about the things they're grateful for, and maybe even reflect upon the past year.

I'm amazed at how much things have changed in a year. About this time last year I made the same trek, feeling almost exactly the same way. However, for two very different reasons. Last year I was angry and upset because of work. This year it's because of a fight. Unlike last year, I didn't cry on the way home. Life has been stupid, crazy, and amazing this last year.

This long weekend is also the time I take for myself. I'm angry, frustrated, and irritated and I don't want to have to deal with people. So I won't. This will be a very family focused next few days. And homework orientated because I'm a slacker.

Sometimes it doesn't look like it, but I'm extremely thankful for the life I live. And it was just proven to me that I act like a total brat sometimes. I'm just used to getting my way.... as well as being left alone.

I need to refocus. I need to stop and think of how my life is going, and where my life is going. I'm also a little terrified. It's something stupid, so I'm not going to detail it. But my future is... well... now my dream from before makes even more sense.

I hope that all of you have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
-- 1 Corinthians 10:24

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

Loving the verses again (just read your post after this one as well). You're not a brat or a slacker, Lizzie. I'm glad you were happy on Thanksgiving. *Hug*

LYLAS!