Sunday

I've always protested that I never want kids. I know I'd be an awful mom. Despite it all, I'm probably the most maternal in my group of friends. It's quite sad really.

I mean, I'm the one who will sit and listen to problems, I will try my hand at advice, I tend to be protective of people, and in general I'm a supporter. Not to mention the fact that I can bake amazingly. :P

When you seriously look at group dynamics, I am the one that kinda floats around. I'm the comforter, I tend to give out hugs to console (and because I love hugs). I will protect; I've even put myself between two people in order to do so. A lot of this is just kinda "jokingly", but it still highlights the real personality.

I just find it weird that I act like this. The one behavior I find really odd is when someone leaves my house; if I'm not taking them home, I ask them to tell me when they do get home. I'm not sure why.... maybe it's because I'm so used to my parents asking me to do it that I just passed it on...

In other news; I am making a quilt. I spent like 3 hours yesterday just cutting the squares and laying them all out. I think it's going to look pretty awesome. I just need to start sewing them all together. 431 squares. 24 rows, 18 columns. (It's going to be roughly 72''X96''... a full-size mattress). I'm actually looking forward to sewing it all together. It'll keep me busy! It also gave me an inspiration for my NaNo. That I should start planning soon. I always tell myself that I start planning in October. One month. That's all I allow myself.

Some less than stellar events happened; mostly the fact that I'm now single. But, I think it is for the better.

I'm starting to feel good again. Friday I was the happiest I've been in a long time. I was incredibly tired, but over all I was happy. It's surprising that the thing that should be making me sad.... actually seem to be having the adverse effect. Sure, I'm still upset, but it's not as heart-breaking as I thought it would be. Yeah, I still love him, but part of loving him so much is to let him be happy too.

Anyway; I should have a college acceptance/rejection letter before October is over. So scared.

I'm still tired. As long as school is happening, I will be tired. But life still goes on.

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the
wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of
mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law
he meditates day and night.
-- Psalm 1:1-2

No comments: