Sunday

So, I was at a retreat this weekend. I'll be honest.... I wasn't going into it with an open mind. I just kinda figured it was a waste of my weekend and I could have done better things with my time (Lol, I probably wouldn't have).

Saturday morning I forget to turn off my alarm so I'm up at 6:30. I just lay in bed for about an hour and then decide to get up.I eat a little breakfast and just laze around, packing up a little bit. I finish packing up and my sister has me do some chores. Finally, it was time to leave.

I got there around 9:30, but I didn't spend a lot of time there. I had to go sing for a First Communion Mass. It was 2 hours (almost) so I didn't get back to the retreat until almost noon. Had this little discussion, played duck, duck goose. it was all great until guys got competitive and broke stuff :P. Then we had lunch. The girls and guys were split up and we were in our respective rooms. Talked some more.

Then we grouped back together and...... I can't remember. We had the option to go to confession or just go into the church and pray (which is what I did- I lost track of time so bad. It ends up that I was praying for almost a half hour). There was a lot of free time for the rest of the day and it kinda made me wonder. Anyhow, there was dinner and then we tried to do praise and worship singing... it did not work out well. Then we did adoration. Now, adoration with this group of people tends to be a very interesting thing. It started off with a lot of people crying hysterically. Then people starting laughing. I was just sitting there, head bowed and just trying to focus on God. While all these people are laughing, I'm starting to tear up. It's nothing new because it happens a lot during adoration.

Then I felt almost all of the physical aspects of crying- my chin started to quiver, my body began shaking a little bit and stuff like that. Now some of the leaders were going around and praying over people. By this point I felt a hand on my shoulder and I realized I was crying. Like, actual tears. It wasn't the sobbing that everyone else had... just quiet tears. I'm able to calm down enough to feel my friend Nicole pass me a tissue. Shortly after they had us calm down and do an activity... basically right some nice things you see in people that you got to know that day. It was hard because I was basically attached to Nicole the whole day XD. But I managed to do all 6. I only got two (hahahahaha. How lame am I?). But one was very touching to me. Here's what it said: "You have a very calm soul. I never see you scream or yell, it is nice to [see] such a peace and serenity in such a young person. You seem wise beyond years, share what you know with others. I feel like God is calling you to that."

Just something about that... I'm not sure what it was... but something about what he said... I dunno. it's hard to explain. Anyhow, after that was even more free time.

At midnight they rounded us up and separated us so we could sleep... (yeah right). The girls debated keeping the lights on or off... (we turned them off) and people were talking. Finally I decided that I had enough with the talking and told them to (politely) shut up. And they did. Woah.

Then at 4AM Nicole and I had to get up to do another half hour of adoration. We did slightly less and went back to sleep. Finally at 8 they woke us up. Got ready, ate breakfast. Played Simon says, heard one more person talk. Presented some stuff. Had more group discussions and then went to Church, where we all tried not to fall asleep.

Once I got home I took a nap. And then I used the computer (Oh sweet technology, how I missed it). And I'm happy. Tired, but happy.

At just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous
man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But
God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still
sinners, Christ died for us.
-- Romans 5:6-8

3 comments:

Aly K. said...

Wow, Lizzie. That is really amazing. :) I'm so happy for you. God bless you. :)

katara5 said...

Thanks. :). You too. During that half hour of prayer in the Church you were one of the people I prayed for. :). LYLAS

Aly K. said...

Thanks so much. :) I love you like a sister as well. <3