Friday

This post is going to sound totally vain but... I have to say it. If you really know me, it's like it's a revelation of some sorts.

I never realized how... pretty I could be.

Totally vain, right?

Well... today I was wearing my black dress which... actually makes me look really nice. I originally got it for my graduation dance (8th grade). It's about knee-length and form-fitting. While I am overweight... I have to admit, I have some pretty nice curves XD.

Anyway. I took my hair down (it's ALWAYS in a ponytail), and I looked in the mirror... and I realized... I was pretty. Now... it seems like something that everyone either embraces or denies. I hate to say it... but I'm in the middle. I'm not really embracing it... but I don't think I'm going to be denying it from now on. (Or at least... I'll try not too).

Does this mean I've raised to a new level of confidence? Oh heck no. I'm just realizing who I am... just a little bit late. And I'm seeing what everyone else sees. Maybe life isn't so bad after all :)

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

Life isn't bad. And you really are pretty. *hug* I've had this moment. I can't really seem to find a happy medium of either hating my looks or becoming 100% self-absorbed in that area. But I'm getting there. I hope you learn to be more confident in yourself, though. You have a lot going for you, way more than just the way you look.