Tuesday

So, today would have been awful under normal circumstances. Apparently, today was an abnormal day.

I woke up sometime between 3 and 3:30 this morning, and couldn't fall back asleep. The first hour was OK because it went by fast. After that it just dragged on. I almost got out of bed, made breakfast and curled my hair. I just couldn't push myself out of bed, however. I almost fell back asleep, and then my alarm went off.

I haven't slept for more than a handful of hours (and if I have, it's been awful sleep) for the past week. This morning was just awful and I was so happy my sister wasn't up to try and talk to me.

Last night really gave me some things to think about...

See, when I don't sleep, I get REALLY depressed. So last night was me thinking about how awful life has been and just me being generally depressed. I almost cried, I'll admit...

Then I got to school today. I kinda shuffle in, trying to hold my head up high. Mumbled a hello... and my friend immediately knew something was up. In fact, he was like "Do you want a hug" "... Yes". It made me feel a little bit better. I laid down, closed my eyes and just relaxed for part of the morning. But it was some banter between me and my friends that made me realize how much I really am loved. (Which I had doubts about last night).

My second I was still pretty "meh" and my friend knew after like 30 seconds after saying "Hi". "Do you need a hug?" "...Yes" haha. She assumed that it was because my sister and I fought (badly) recently... but I put that to rest quickly.

I made it through my fourth feeling pretty good. I finished 5th, was talking to a friend and felt like I was at rock bottom. We parted our ways for lunch and when I got to my group for lunch I was just feeling so bad. I was nearly ready to cry.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" *hugs*
"I'm about ready to cry"
"Why, what happened?"
"It's just... when I don't sleep I get depressed"
"Awww, I'm sorry."
"It's OK."

But honestly, it made me feel so good knowing that someone just had to look at my face and know that something was wrong. I couldn't help but feel at least a little better after that. (Sure it helped that he was hugging me practically the entire time).

But yeah, that was my day. I managed not to be angry/snap at anybody...

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will
take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will
rejoice over you with singing.
-- Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: