Friday

I feel awesome today. Well, at least for the latter half of my day. I'm also pretty proud of myself...

Well, lets start with last night. Last night I basically went to sleep crying. (Stupid fight with my sister, not getting into that). And I just felt awful. I woke up, not really wanting to go to school, but I decided I should go and get through it. The morning was OK. I was better than last night, but only just. I was super tired and out of it.

The day went on, and I got a little better. Nothing amazing happened to raise my mood... until 2nd period (sorta). I resolved to do something that I've been meaning to do for awhile. So, I debated on it, realizing that maybe it wasn't such a good idea...

Then lunch came around and at that point, I knew I had too. But, it was SO not the right time.

I was hoping I didn't lose my chance... when the end of school came and I was sitting with my friends outside. I saw David coming and I rejoiced a bit. Chatted with everybody for awhile, and then David said he had to leave.

That was basically my cue. I left with him and said that I needed to tell him something. It was me rambling for a few awkward seconds about how I shouldn't be telling him this, and that I felt awkward, and somewhat awful. Then I just came out with it. Just in a low, sorta mumbled sentence.

Once I said that... I explained that one of our good friends liked him too.

And then comes the shocker (to me, at least).

(paraphrased) "Well, I like Melody, but I think that we're just too good of friends that it'd be sort of... awkward, you know?"... pause.... "But I like you, too... as more than a friend" ('cause I used that exact same phrase when telling him).

At that point I'm like "... really?" And we kinda went on about how this was a first for both of us and how it'll probably be awkward on Monday...

And so we exchanged phone numbers, and decided that we would think about where to go from there. (The answer is obvious; date. But I think it's a little more complicated than that). And, this is the part I keep replaying in my mind. So, we're at his car and I give him a goodbye hug. I have to stand on tip toes normally to give him a proper hug anyway... But this one took it to the extreme. I was on the veeeeery tips of my toes, on the brink of not even touching the ground anymore. But, standing like that with his arms holding me so tight... it just made everything go away.

So now... we wait. We figure this out. We (mostly me) have to figure out how to tell Melody... I still have a nagging feeling of awful, because I basically went completely against what we decided.

But... it makes me ecstatic! I sort of had an inkling of this for awhile now... and I kept trying to push it back, and deny it a bit. However... today proved to me why I shouldn't do that.

Basically, ever since about... 2:40-ish, I've been in an amazing mood. And it's like 6 hours later.

I guess life ISN'T so bad...

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is
unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
-- Psalm 130:7

No comments: