Sunday

I don't even know how to explain myself right now. It's Sunday, and I should be happy. Good days behind me, and hopefully good day to come. But no. I have to be sitting here almost crying.

It's such a trivial thing, and it'll sound so stupid as I explain it. But for whatever reason I just want to go and sleep forever.

Just minutes ago my sister was cleaning out this little red box that has a bunch of important-ish stuff in it. She called me over and asked if anything was going to happen with an invite I got to this National Student Leadership Conference thing... I'm holding it in my hands and realize that it's not going to happen.

It's just too much money. I wish I could go because I do want to at least try it... but I'm sure my parents would just shut it down.

So I throw it in the throw away pile and my sister's like, "Go ahead, give up now." as I'm walking away.

I don't know why it's now of all times that it's bothering me, but it is. I'm not giving up... I'm just being realistic. It's just not going to happen. I know that. So I shouldn't let that one stupid little comment make me feel so bad, right? It still does, though.

I guess it's life though. So I'll get over it and move on. :\

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire
besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the
strength of my heart and my portion forever.
-- Psalm 73:25-26

No comments: