Friday

Today I was happy. This was the first day in weeks that I hadn't woken up and thought that this was just another day I had to trudge through. This morning I woke up and thought... "Let's go." I was ready to go. I just felt like there was nothing that could bring me down.

And you know what? That's true. All through the day I just felt nice and head strong. Then lunch made me laugh so hard I almost cried and my stomach started to hurt. I chuckled so much during chem and the day went by... kinda fast.

Then I spent like 5 hours at my friend's house and I just had a great time.

So, I think I can say that today was amazing. I have never felt better and I think a good deal of that has to do with the fact that I talked to someone. I wasn't alone in my problem. It wasn't only on my shoulders. Someone cared.

That alone made me smile. And the fact that I fell asleep talking to them... on top of the fact that I almost NEVER talk to them face to face. I just wonder if they know what they did... because they saved me from crying myself to sleep last night. I honestly don't care if that was a one night thing... I'm just happy.

They may never know the impact of just a few simple words... but it's the fact that they said it. It's like this quote I read somewhere.... people will forget what you said, and they won't remember what you did... but they'll always remember how they made you feel. That's how I apply my life...

But I'm just on a happy rant. I've been stressed with school so, I haven't been updating at all.... but I guess besides the depression, life has been going well.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
-- Psalm 46:1

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

I'm really glad you were feeling so great then. I hope you continue feeling well. And I love that Bible verse.

God bless, and LYLAS!
~Aly