Friday

You know that best friend that you'd do anything for? I've apparently found that one. I've missed one class twice for her, and I'm going to be late for another one in the future. I've taken her to the doctor once, and I'll probably do it countless more times (in fact I'm doing it again next week, hence lateness for a class in the future). I spend so much time at her house 'just because' that it's practically my house. Her family is practically my family. She knows me better than anyone, and we're just so alike that we're practically the same person. We're probably going to go so far as to be roommates in college. I've seen her from angry, pissed off and crying to so happy that her face just lights up. She's probably my absolute best friend, and I'll admit that I'm terrified to lose her. We joke that we'll probably live together outside of college, but if we're not at least within the same state as adults out of college I might go a little insane. She has been such a rock in my life I'm really not sure how I'd go about my life.

I feel weird writing it like this because it sound like I'm confessing my love for her XD. I'm not romantically in love with her, but I've realized that almost everything she is, I need to find in a guy. I mean; someone who is my best friend, who will make sacrifices for me, someone who will listen to my meaningless stories, who cares about my trivial events of the day, who is smart, someone who will lay it down for me, someone who trusts me, who feels that I am worth sticking around... why would I not want that?! Hell, it's what I've been looking for anyway.

Anyway, sleep hasn't been the best thing in the world. It's been at least three weeks since I've had a nice long proper night's sleep. So I've been a bit bitchy lately. Or kinda like a lot... But I guess it's with due reason. This past weekend I had to get my battery replaced. The only problem was that my sister and her boyfriend were out of town. It was really stressful getting it all sorted out. I cried a lot. There's also the fact that my grades have dropped (as a result of no sleep and the "I can't be bothered to give a shit" attitude that often comes with). I also got letters that sealed my college fate. Looks like I'm staying in state!

Oh! Cute story of something that happened on Monday. At lunch I was fairly cold because I underestimated the warmth of that day, and didn't prepare appropriately. When people pointed out that I was either shivering or looked cold, I would protest that I was fine. Finally, one of the guys in the group offered their jacket. I stated clearly that I was fine, but my protests went unheard. He literally placed his jacket on me and wouldn't take it back until I threw it at him. It wasn't until after I gave it back that I realized Damn, I'm actually kinda cold. Ah well, such is my life. I just found it incredibly cute... And also very comical because he's a very tall, lanky sort of guy... and then there's me, the shortest (nearly) of the group. It was kinda funny.

Anyhow. I've been writing this post on and off for awhile now. I feel like I should go do something productive. But I won't.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but
only what is helpful for building others up according to their
needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
-- Ephesians 4:29

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

GREAT verse, just thought I'd say. :) And I love this post of yours, Lizzie. I understand those feelings for friends, and your desire to find a guy with the same qualities. *hug* I really hope that we find what we're looking for/in for. <3 God bless, dearest.

-Aly